Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Work Update: My First Week

My First Week With Clinique
As some of you may know, I recently started working as a beauty advisor at a Clinique counter in Herberger's. Since I know there's a lot of questions out there as to what the job entails (I know I had them!), I plan on updating this blog as I go so that everybody who wants to become a beauty advisor can have a more clear picture of what the job will look like.
The first day I was asked to come in was pretty basic. I was asked to sign paperwork, read through employee manuals, tour the store, got a key/nametag/employee id card, etc. Easy stuff right? Since I've had jobs before I thought to bring in my Social Security card, a state issued id, and a voided check (for direct deposit). These definitely came in handy because even though they didn't ask me to bring them, they still needed to have them. So be sure to come prepared...wouldn't want to make a bad impression on your first day!
The second day was training on a computer. It was store training, not necessarily Clinique training. It was a lot of learning how to ring things up, how to sell store charge cards, store history, things like that. At the end of each segment they had you take a quiz to make sure you learned everything. The computer training took about four hours.
The next day was all about Clinique! I had my own office for the day to watch videos about the brand. I always suggest taking notes. The more you know and remember, the better. Thankfully I was provided with a little Clinique workbook that had some extra pages for notes. The videos were about the history of Clinique, product knowledge, how to skintype each client, how to do consultations, etc. It was a lot of information so I was glad I took notes! The videos probably took about two hours to complete, tops. They went by pretty fast.
Now, onto yesterday. It was my first day behind the counter! I got to meet and train with a regional manager. She was so nice and pleasant to work with. I also got to meet some of the staff. Right now it's just me and two other ladies working at the counter! I learned so much product knowledge and even got to try on products. I also made a few sales and got to experience working with customers.

I think I'm really going to love this job. They're sending me off to training in the Twin Cities on Tuesday, so of course I'm very excited for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment