Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Weekly Wishlist

Here's what I've been  dreaming of this week:


This surf spray is a saltwater based hair styling spray that adds volume and texture for a sexy, beachy feel.
It's $24 for 4oz at Sephora.
I've seen a few other companies that make saltwater spray, but I'm just not sold on them. I've heard so many great things about Bumble and Bumble's product lines that I'm ready to jump on the bandwagon and try it out.


What's unique about this bronzer is that it's self adjusting, one size fits all if you will. It's mostly matte (very subtle shimmer) so it's great for contouring the face. It's also formulated without sulfates, parabens and other irritants.
It's $20 at Sephora.

I'm actually pretty excited about Aveda's new collection Invati. It promotes thicker hair by working at the scalp. It helps you to grow more hair naturally. As you may know, I went to the Aveda Institute for cosmetology school, so I know a bit about all of their products. However, this system was released after I finished school so I never got a chance to try it out.
Here's what I know about the system: 
It's a 3 step system comprised of shampoo, conditioner, and a scalp revitalizing spray. 
The shampoo is an extra thin formula so it gets down onto the scalp to remove residue and debris that can cause hair follicles to become blocked and stop producing hair while also stimulating the follicle which can help the hair grow faster and stronger.
The conditioner helps strengthen and thicken the hair while also adding shine.
The Scalp Revitalizer creates an optimum environment to promote hair and scalp health.
This stuff will cost you- about $110 for the whole set.
The shampoo and conditioner are $24 each for the standard 6.7 oz bottles. These aren't offered in litres at this time. The Scalp Revitalizer is $60 for a 5 oz bottle.

I've really been wanting to try an airbrush system. Since I have sensitive and acne prone skin, airbrush is perfect since there is no contamination or need to use brushes. Temptu is nice because of their AirPods that hold the foundation instead of the traditional method of putting drops into an air gun. This reduces waste of the product, no need to clean an air gun, and no contamination from opening the bottles.
It's $225 for the compressor and a foundation. The foundation replacements cost $45, which isn't as expensive as it sounds since you don't use as much foundation compared to traditional foundation applications.  

No comments:

Post a Comment