Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Beauty from the inside out

We all know that our diets and lifestyle have a huge impact on how we look.
I'm going to begin adding recipes for healthy foods that will contribute to looking and feeling your best!

'Tis the season- for cauliflower, leeks, and potatoes.

Cauliflower-Leek Soup

I never really measure my foods, so this is approximate and it's a very flexible recipe.
I love garlic so I used way more than the recipe calls for!
  • Vegetable Oil -1 tsp
  • Garlic -2 tsp
  • Leeks- 2 c.
  • Potatoes- 1 c.
  • Cauliflower- 4 c.
  • Vegetable stock- 4c.
  • Salt & pepper to taste

1. Add oil to heated soup pot. Add garlic and leeks. sautee for about 5 minutes until soft.
2. Add potatoes and cauliflower and cook for 3 more minutes.
3. Add stock and simmer for 30 minutes or until cauliflower is softened. (I simmered for about 45 mins)
4. Use an immersion/hand blender to puree all the ingredients. Make sure blender is fully submerged to the bottom of the pan or you will get splashed with hot soup.
5. Simmer for 5 more minutes
6. S&P to taste...I used lots of pepper



Enjoy your seasonal vegan/gluten free soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment