Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Trend Watch: Colored Mascara

If you beauties read my previous post, you know that I'm drooling over the upcoming fall trend- bright lashes.
I came across the most gorgeous purple Lancome mascara at work the other day, but the $26 price tag was a little scary even with my employee discount. 
So I did some research. What other brands even make colored mascaras? The conclusion? LOTS.
Here are the most noteworthy:

Dior Diorshow Mascara
I would love to get my paws on some diorshow, don't get it twisted. But if I'm gonna spend big on a mascara, it better be one that I know I'll use. Especially since mascara has such a short shelf life. If your pocketbook isn't as tight as mine, this bad boy is definitely worth a look.
$25 at Sephora.


This would be the mascara that has been teasing me every day at work. Check out that tapered brush with a billion bristles and creamy rich violet formula. I love this. If only I had $26.

Possibly the most unexpected addition to my list if not because of its award winning status, the fact that it's only about $5. And word on the street is they're adding many more exciting colors to the collection! I would without a doubt spend/possibly waste a few dollars on this mascara,
I envision a review in the near future!

An expert tip I've learned from work: To avoid looking overly dramatic, only use the colored mascara on the bottom lashes. Using a black thickening mascara on the top lashes will help open up your eyes and add a bit of color. Tom Pecheux is the mastermind behind this tip, and Estee Lauder took full advantage of his brilliance!

-Erin





4 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to try this! Thanks for the pro tip!
    I tagged you for the Liebster Blog Award on my blog!
    http://itsmylifegogetyourown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin! I'm from the Beautylish forum. I'm following you now. Here is my link to follow me back http://onlectus.blogspot.com

    L:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I would ever sport this look, but thanks for the tips. Would be great to see you try it out :D

    OutsideBEautyInsideHEalth

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the look of Diorshow mascara, its a lot more expensive here in the UK though (£23 which is about $36 dollars). I found your blog through Beautylish and am now following x
    Beautiful Solutions

    ReplyDelete