Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Makeup

I have always been obsessed with beauty. I'd rather spend my money on nice makeup and hair products than go out for the night.
Lately I've been obsessed with one thing: makeup. More specifically MAC makeup.
I spend all my free time on the computer watching videos by MAC artists, fantasizing about my next purchase, oogling over the new trends I love.
I think it's finally time to take the leap and start building up a professional makeup kit. 
My first step will be to apply for the MAC pro discount- why don't I already have this?!
I've already completed cosmetology school and am licensed, so it should be easy enough.
Then I'm going to need to build my kit. I will need brushes, applicators, cleansers, eyelash curlers, cases, business cards, and of course, makeup. I need to remember to stick to basics for now, but I'm always so distracted by the avantgarde work on the runway. This is gonna get costly. I'll need different shades of foundations, concealers, powders, blushes, bronzers, shadows, liners, lipsticks, glosses- you name it.
I have the money in savings, but I'm going to need to start generating income if I spend my savings...
I'm lucky enough that my parents let me move back home. I feel like it's now or never.
I never want to get settled in to a job, I'm always seeking change.
I feel like working as a freelance artist will help me to do this in a healthy way.
Not to mention, a salon job has never been my first choice. I love having freedom.
I already have a gig lined up but I don't have a kit yet! I'm hoping since it's just my sister and her friends I will be working on, I won't have to worry too much about it- especially since I'm doing it for free :p
I have plenty of my own makeup already, I just need more!
The thing that scares me about this industry is not always having steady paying work.
I'll probably need to find another job to be able to make some money at first.
Any of you established makeup artists out there- I'd love to hear your stories for some inspiration.
Also any advice you can share is greatly appreciated.
-Erin 

No comments:

Post a Comment